Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We'll Never Feel the Noize Again


The LA Times reports Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of 80's heavy metal band, Quiet Riot, was found dead in his home. The cause of death is unknown at this time.


Quiet Riot was arguably the band that paved the way for the 80's hair band hysteria. Their hit, "Cum on Feel the Noize," (a personal favorite) was the first heavy metal song to hit up the charts, making it to the top 5 on the 1983 pop chart. Their album, Mental Health made it all the way to the number 1 spot.
I have a vivid memory of being about eight years old singing my heart out to "Cum on Feel the Noize" with my friends. We had no idea what the lyrics meant and listening to it again today, I'm still not really sure. But I'm sure I still like it.
So turn your speakers up and and cum on feel the noize. Grab a co-worker and girls rock your boys... Kevin DuBrow RIP.

No comments: